|Chicken Caesar Salad with Homemade Buttermilk Dressing |
Although it may seem unconventional to bring to a potluck, I just love this homespun version of a Chicken Caesar Salad with Homemade Buttermilk Dressing. I use Saffron Road’s meaty chicken tenders on top of Romaine lettuce and drizzle the dressing over the cooked chicken. Add croutons, fresh garden tomatoes and other vegetables, if desired. Cut up the chicken to make it easier for guests to take a share. It’s really perfect for a small potluck, but can also be multiplied to serve as many people as you want.
- 1 box of Saffron Road's Chicken Tenders
- 3 tablespoons whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt vigorously to break up any lumps.
- Into a separate bowl pour the buttermilk.
- Add the yogurt to the buttermilk and whisk to combine.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and whisk again, creating a smooth texture.
- Add salt, pepper and parsley. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/community/recipes/