|Chicken Rogan Josh with Potatoes, Peas and Cilantro |
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken thigh, diced
- 1/2 cup onions, diced (mixture of red onions and scallions)
- 1 cup tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup potatoes, boiled and chopped
- 1 package Rogan Josh simmer sauce
- 1 pound organic sweet peas (or less, if desired)
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil. Add the chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add the onions and sauté with the chicken until the onions are translucent. Add the tomatoes and garlic.
- Add the potatoes and brown slightly. Next, add the entire package of the simmer sauce.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and add the peas. Stir gently into the dish. Cook for an additional five minutes, uncovered.
- Remove dish from heat and add fresh cilantro before serving. Serve with an Indian bread such as chappati or naan.
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/community/recipes/