- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 6 small potatoes, sliced round
- 3 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- salt, to taste
- 3 pounds goat shoulder meat, cubed
- 1 packet (7 ounces) Morrocan Tagine Simmer Sauce
- 2 cups water
- In a large deep bottom pan or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil.
- Add the onions and potatoes and sauté over medium heat until the potatoes are nicely browned.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until any juices from the tomatoes have dried up then add the dried herbs, salt and pepper.
- Add the goat meat and brown on all sidesthen pour in the simmer sauce.
- Add the water then cover and reduce heat. Cook for two hours on low, checking frequently for the need to add more liquid.
- Serve hot over rice or couscous.
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/community/recipes/