|Icelandic Haddock in Lemongrass Basil Sauce |
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup red onion, sliced thinly
- 6 baby squash, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 small eggplant, sliced lengthwise
- ½ cup sliced knob mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound wild-caught Icelandic Haddock, or a similar white fish
- 1 packet (7 ounces) Lemongrass Basil Simmer Sauce
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Fresh lime, quartered
- In a large sauté pan, heat coconut oil. Add the red onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the squash face down so that the inside can brown. Add the slices of eggplant, too. Once the eggplant has browned, add the mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper. If any water is needed, ad a couple of tablespoons at a time.
- Add the fish whole, as it will break up in the pan as it cooks. Cover and let cook for about five minutes. Remove the lid and add the lemongrass basil sauce. Stir well to combine then cover again and reduce heat to low. Simmer for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and plate the entrée over rice or Asian noodles. Serve with freshly chopped basil and lime wedges.
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/community/recipes/