- 1 1/2 – 2 lb arm roast of beef
- 1 package Saffron Road Rogan Josh Simmer Sauce
- 1/4 c water
- several crusty baguettes
- Filling options; sliced cucumbers, shredded cabbage, cilantro, mayo, daikon radishes, sliced carrots, siracha sauce or jalapenos
- Wash and remove excess fat from the beef roast. Cut into 2-3 smaller pieces and pierce multiple times with a fork. Add to a slow cooker and pour the Rogan Josh simmer sauce over the meat.
- Mix in the 1/4c of water as well, coating the meat as much as possible. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. The meat should be tender but not falling apart.
- Remove meat from the slow cooker (don’t throw away the remaining liquid) and slice into pieces. If you are not eating right away the meat can be returned to the slow cooker and kept on warm until ready to use.
- To prepare the sandwiches, slice a baguette and fill with meat and condiments desired. Adding a drizzle of the rogan josh sauce at the very end.
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/community/recipes/recipes-page-2/