Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hour 20 mins
Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1/4 c vermicelli noodles or rice
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup almonds with skins removed
- 1 container Saffron Road Traditional Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a large pot, add the vegetable oil and butter and heat on medium high.
- Once the butter has melted add the onions, ginger, salt, pepper, and ginger.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes until the onions are translucent. Add the chicken either whole or cut into smaller pieces (smaller pieces will cook faster) and brown on all sides.
- Add the chicken broth, water, cinnamon stick to the pan and simmer on low to medium heat for 30-45 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and discard.
- Remove the chicken and chop into small pieces.
- Return the chicken to the pot and pour in the rice or noodles and almonds.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes until noodles or rice are cooked through.
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/community/recipes/recipes-page-2/recipes-page-3/