Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hour 20 mins
Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
- FOR THE MEAT FILLING
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 package Lemongrass Basil Simmer Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- palmful of cilantro chopped
- FOR THE SAUCE
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 Tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1-2 squirts of Siracha (adjust based on your taste)
- FOR THE TOPPINGS
- Shredded Carrots
- Crushed Peanuts (or any nut)
- Bean Sprouts
- TO COOK THE MEAT
- In a large skillet add the ground lamb (if you can't find ground lamb or don't want to buy it, you can add boneless lamb to a food processor and blend until broken up) and begin to cook.
- Once browned - but not cooked all the way through - add crushed garlic and parsley and cook through.
- Drain excess fat from the pan.
- Add one package of Saffron Road Lemongrass Basil Simmer Sauce and cook until the liquid has been mostly absorbed.
- TO MAKE THE SAUCE
- Juice the lime and mix in the sweet chili sauce and siracha
- TO ASSEMBLE
- Chop and prepare all of the toppings.
- Arrange in individual bowls so that guests can add what they like
- Separate leaves of lettuce for the wraps
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/community/recipes/recipes-page-2/recipes-page-3/