|Red Lentils & Spinach in Tikka Masala Sauce |
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hour 20 mins
Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet of Saffron Road's Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce
- 1 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes (slightly pureed in food processor or blender)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup Saffron Road's Vegetable Broth
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach, torn slightly
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (optional)
- Heat cast-iron skillet and oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 4-5 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add Saffron Road Tikka Masala Sauce, stewed tomatoes, and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add vegetable broth and lentils. Cook, stirring often, until lentils are tender (around 25 minutes). If dish gets too “pasty” before lentils are tender, add extra vegetable broth.
- Fold in spinach and top with greek yogurt. Eat by the spoonful and enjoy!
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/community/recipes/recipes-page-2/recipes-page-3/