Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hour 20 mins
Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
- 4 cups of Saffron Road's Traditional Chicken Broth
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of uncooked Arborio rice
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch of green onions finely chopped
- 1 Tbs peanut or coconut oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced
- 3 Tbs of curry powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsps of sugar
- 1/2 cup of crunchy peanut butter
- A bit of yogurt
- Heat the peanut oil in a heavy pot.
- When the oil is hot toss in the onion, shallots, and curry powder.
- Stir everything around until the onion is golden and translucent.
- Add in the chicken broth and bring everything to a boil.
- When the broth is boiling, toss in the Arborio rice and the carrots.
- Turn down the heat and simmer everything together for about 20 minutes. Stir it every once in a while to make sure nothing is sticking.
- Take the pot off the fire and add in the peanut butter.
- Using a food processor or immersion blender puree everything to nice smooth blend.
- If you prefer your soup a bit thinner, you can add more broth now.
- Reheat the soup again gently.
- Add in the sugar.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle the chopped green onions and cilantro over the top and add a dab of thick yogurt.
- Serve it up!
Photo by Alan Berger
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/community/recipes/recipes-page-2/recipes-page-3/