|Shrimp & Butternut Moroccan Tagine |
- 1 Saffron Road Moroccan Tagine Simmer Sauce
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 ounces precooked, peeled deveined shrimp
- 1/4 cup (or more) chopped green onion
- Brown rice
- Start cooking brown rice.
- Wash, peel, and dice butternut squash into approximated 3/4 inch cubes (or use precut). You can save the peel/pulp for homemade veggie broth and the seeds for toasted squash seeds.
- Steam cubed squash until fork tender but not yet beginning to fall apart when stirring.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet and saute green onion. Add thawed, drained shrimp until heated through. Spoon out any excess liquid that comes off shrimp.
- Add steamed butternut squash and Saffron Road Moroccan Tagine Simmer Sauce and stir thoroughly. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until sauce begins to bubble.
- Serve over brown rice and garnish with a cinnamon stick (optional).
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/community/recipes/recipes-page-2/recipes-page-3/recipes-page-4/