|Chicken & Mushroom Lemongrass Basil |
- 1 Saffron Road Lemongrass Basil Simmer Sauce
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 8 white button mushroom caps, sliced
- 1/2 cup precooked or canned garbanzo beans/chickpeas
- 12 ounces precooked skinless, boneless white meat chicken (precooked by you or frozen)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Brown rice
- Start cooking brown rice.
- Heat 1 tbsp canola oil in a skillet and add diced green bell pepper. Saute until just starting to become tender, then add sliced mushrooms and continue. Once mushrooms are about halfway cooked through, add 1/2 cup garbanzo beans and heat thoroughly.
- Heat precooked chicken separately and slice into 1-inch chunks. Add to skillet.
- Add Saffron Road Lemongrass Basil Simmer Sauce and stir thoroughly. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until sauce begins to bubble.
- Serve over brown rice and garnish (optionally) with a lemon slice and fresh basil.
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/community/recipes/recipes-page-2/recipes-page-3/recipes-page-4/