|Harissa Breakfast Scramble |
- 3 eggs (free range or organic if possible)
- 1 package Saffron Road Harissa Simmer Sauce (you won’t use the whole package)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- any other breakfast sides or fillings you enjoy such as meat, potatoes, or vegetables
- In a skillet pan melt 1 Tbsp of butter.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk with a fork to scramble.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp harissa simmer sauce to the eggs and whisk. You can add more harissa until you achieve desired “heat” level.
- Once the butter has melted, add the eggs to the skillet and use a silicone spatula to continually stir the eggs until cooked through.
- The eggs will have a reddish/brown tint this is from the harissa. The eggs will only take 3-4 minutes to cook through on medium high heat.
- Serve with extra harissa on the side and any sides of your choice.
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/community/recipes/recipes-page-2/recipes-page-3/recipes-page-4/