|Korean Stir Fry Chicken Wings |
- Preheat your oven to 450F.
- Wash and clean chicken wings, removing the wing tips and any impurities. Once washed place on a paper towel or drying rack. The chicken must be completely dry before frying.
- Fill a pot with enough oil to cover the chicken wings and turn to medium high heat.
- Season the chicken wings with salt and pepper.
- Once the oil is hot enough to fry - this can be found easily by placing the handle of a wooden spoon into the pot. If the oil bubbles around the handle it's ready. - add the chicken wings, taking care not to crowd the pan.
- Cook the wings for 5-8 minutes until the skin is a light brown, and crispy.
- Remove from the oil with a slotted metal spoon and place on paper towel or in a strainer to drain the excess oil.
- In a bowl, add 3/4 of the Korean Stir Fry simmer sauce (reserve the other 1/4 for later). Add any hot sauce you might like at this time.
- Mix the cooked chicken wings in the simmer sauce to coat completely, then transfer to an oven proof baking dish.
- Cook the chicken for 15-20 minutes until the sauce is sticky and chicken completely cooked through.
- Serve with reserved simmer sauce on the side for those who want to add some extra saucyness!
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/community/recipes/recipes-page-2/recipes-page-3/recipes-page-4/recipes-page-5/