|Korean Slow Cooked Beef & Vegetables |
- 1 package of Saffron Road Korean Stir Fry Simmer Sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2-4 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 2 lbs. beef, inside round ¼
- ¼ cup yellow onion diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic ginger
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 bunch spinach (about one pound), washed
- 3-4 fresh scallions (optional)
- 2 cups rice (style according to preference)
- Heat the sesame oil in a saute pan.
- Add the onions and saute until translucent.
- Add the remaining chopped vegetables, except the spinach, which should be reserved and set aside in a cool place.
- Add the chopped garlic and ginger and combine with the meat. Continue to cook the beef thoroughly, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add spinach and continue to cook for 1/2 hour, covered. Meanwhile, prepare rice as directed according to the type you are making.
- Add one packet of Saffron Road's Korean Simmer Sauce and mix to combine.
- Slow cook the ingredients, covered, or 3 hours on high heat, stirring occasionally, if you can.
- Remove lid to let some steam evaporate.
- To plate each dish, serve with white sticky rice on the side or pour the stir fry contents on top of the rice. Add a little more sesame oil on top or fresh sesame seeds.
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/2013/11/18/18460-autosave/