|Ramen Noodle Soup with Lamb, Bok Choy and Mushrooms |
Homemade ramen noodle soup is nothing like the boxed versions- everything is made from scratch in this simple and pretty quick recipe anyone can make.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/3 cup onion diced
- 2 cups cooked lamb cut into medium size pieces
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 2 cups Saffron Road's Classic Culinary Lamb Broth
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon sushi ginger (or fresh ginger)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1-2 cups bok choy leaves
- 3 scallion greens choppped
- 5 ounces ramen noodles (or curly noodles) uncooked
- Heat a medium size deep saucepan with the sesame oil.
- Add the diced onions and saute until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked lamb then the mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms have shrunk up a bit and lost their moisture, then add the rice vinegar. Keep the heat on medium-high until the vinegar has cooked down significantly.
- Add the chopped garlic and ginger then the Saffron Road Classic Culinary Lamb Broth .
- Add the spices, bok choy and scallions. Bring to a boil, raising the heat to make that happen a little quicker.
- Add the curly noodles and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for the amount of time determined on the package of the noodles.
- Once the dish is ready to serve, consider adding a dash of red pepper flakes, black pepper, sesame oil and/or fresh scallions to the top.
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/2014/05/02/20470-autosave/