|Mediterranean Couscous with Chicken & Olives |
Quick and easy Moroccan food that's healthy and simple to make? Absolutely, yes for any day of the week!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups Yukon gold potatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- ¼ cup yellow onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley dried
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ cup Saffron Road's Artisan Roasted Chicken Broth or water
- 1 package Saffron Road Harissa Simmer Sauce
- 1 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- ½ cup broth or water
- ¼ cup fresh mint chopped
- 1 package couscous
- In a large and deep saute pan, add olive oil and a little bit of salt. Heat on medium-low. the addition of the first ingredient. The salt prevents the potatoes from sticking while allowing them to brown.
- Add the chicken and shredded carrots then the onion.
- Add the diced parsley and white pepper.
- Next I add 1/4 cup of water or Saffron Road Artisan Roasted Chicken Broth (preferably the broth).
- Add the Saffron Road Harissa Simmer Sauce . Stir well.
- Add the olives and stir gently. Then add the mint.
- Add a little more water, as needed. Stir, to combine all the ingredients.
- Cover the pan and lower the heat to a simmer.
- Prepare couscous and set aside. Meanwhile, continue to simmer the chicken dish for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are completely tender.
- Serve chicken alongside couscous. Top or garnish with fresh mint.
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/2014/01/27/20470-autosave/