Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 2 hours
Total time: 2 hours 10 mins
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 medium zucchini (chopped in halves)
- 1 cup carrots (chopped in circles)
- 2 mini orange peppers, chopped
- 2 mini red peppers, chopped
- 2 mini yellow peppers, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 green chili chopped (optional for extra spice)
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (or oil of your choice)
- 1 pack Saffron Road Harissa Simmer Sauce
- 1 lb or 16 oz. organic brown rice penne pasta (or any pasta of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place water in a pot to boil pasta on high with a little bit of salt and oil of choice (to prevent pasta from sticking and to flavor the pasta). Once it is boiling fully, add your pasta and mix immediately so it doesn't stick together.
- Boil for approx 7-10 minutes (al dente). Make sure you don't overcook the pasta. Drain and rinse. (this can be done while the vegetables are roasting)
- In a bowl, mix together all vegetables, oil and Harissa Simmer Sauce until it's well coated.
- Bake in pre heated oven for approx 15-20 mins or until it reaches the softness you want. If you like your vegetables to have more of 'crunch', 15 minutes is enough. Leave longer if you would like them softer.
- Toss pasta and roasted veggies together, serve warm and enjoy!
- This pasta can be served as is or with a side of chicken or fish of your choice.
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/2014/02/28/20572-autosave/