|Chipotle Chickpea Chicken |
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 2 hours
Total time: 2 hours 10 mins
- 4 chicken breast (try to flatten the thicker edge so the chicken breast is leveled in thickness)
- Marinate chicken in the following ingredients for at least 2 hours to overnight:
- 1 tbsp. plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. ginger paste
- 1/4 tsp. garlic paste
- 3/4 tsp. chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tbsp. oil for frying
- Ingredients for coating:
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp. milk
- 1 1/2 cup Saffron Road Chipotle Crunchy Chickpeas
- Remove chicken from fridge approximately half an hour before cooking to allow the chill to subside.
- For the chickpeas, give it a quick wiz in a small food processor to the consistency of your choice. We prefer not so much of a floury texture and like a bit of a 'crunch'.
- Add the powdered Saffron Road Chipotle Crunchy Chickpeas in a bowl and in another bowl add your whole egg and beat with 1 tsp. of milk.
- Gently take each chicken breast and coat both side with your egg mixture and then coat both sides with your powdered chickpeas. Set each piece of coated chicken breast in a plate.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and pan fry your chicken breast on medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Serve with your choice of mango salsa, guacamole or pico de gallo.
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/2014/07/03/20572-autosave/