Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- 1 package Saffron Road's Thai Red Curry Simmer Sauce
- 1 lb beef or veal filet sliced thinly
- any other vegetables you like
- sesame oil
- Trim beef of excess fat and slice into thin strips. Marinade in Saffron Road's Thai Red Curry Simmer Sauce for at least an hour but as much as 24 hours.
- To assemble the bowl first peel and slice all vegetables. The presentation is very nice when everything is a similar size and style of cutting but it’s not critical.
- In a skillet heat 2 Tbsp of sesame oil and add a layer of pre-cooked rice. Don’t stir the rice, wait until the bottom gets a little brown and crispy.
- Build the bowl by adding rice to the bottom.
- Grill the meat or cook it in a skillet. You won’t want to overcook the meat – just look enough to cook through. Overcooking will lead to tough meat.
- Add the meat on top of the bowl and then add the vegetables around it. Drizzle any extra sauce from the pan to the top. Eat hot!
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/2014/07/08/20986-autosave/