|Quick and Easy Chicken Wings |
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 55 mins
No time to make your own sauce for those summertime wings? No problem- just use the Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce
by Saffron Road and a few other ingredients and you're on your way to quick and easy chicken wings in no time- and it's mess-free until you start eating!
- One package of chicken wings (about 1 and 3/4 pounds)
- 1 package Saffron Road's Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce
- 1 tablespoons dark vinegar such as date vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl or bag, combine the Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce , vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly so that it covers each piece of chicken generously. It's optional to marinate at this point, for 30 minutes to overnight, but not necessary.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Place the wings on a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread out so that the wings cook evenly.
- Cook the wings in the oven for 20 minutes, then increase the heat to 425° F. Flip over, one by one and cook for 15 minutes. Flip again and cook for another 15 minutes. If you want a charred appearance on the wings, use the last 5 minutes to use the broil on high setting of your oven and broil for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with a creamy sauce or break apart and enjoy with tortillas as a taco.
Note: Alternative to using the oven, fire up a stove top grill or an outdoor grill. Be sure the grill grates are hot before placing the chicken on top. Grill, covered (if possible), for the first 15-20 minutes to ensure that the meat is thoroughly cooked. Uncover the meat and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes per side, moving away from direct flame to prevent burning. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken reads at least 165° F when inserted away from the bone. [addtoany]
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/2014/07/08/20986-autosave/