|Slow Cooker Harissa Meatballs |
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 55 mins
These meatballs are a great appetizer/snack for a crowd or stuff them in a sandwich, or on top of some rice. Yummmmm…
- Add 1/4 of the contents of the Saffron Road Harissa Simmer Sauce to the ground beef and mix well with your hands.
- Roll the meatballs out into bite sized balls and sear on all sides. In a small slow cooker add the remaining Saffron Road Harissa Simmer Sauce along with 1/2 of a pouch of water.
- Turn the slow cooker to low and cook for 3-4 hours until the meatballs are cooked through.
- You may want to check once or twice and move the meatballs around so that all sides are well covered with the sauce.
- To serve, skewer each meatball with a toothpick and arrange individually or on a large serving platter.
- Place the sauce remaining from the slow cooker on the bottom of the plate, and the meatballs on top.
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/2014/07/08/20986-autosave/