|Savory Parfait with Crunchy Chickpeas |
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Enjoy this guilt free snack with a good source of protein for breakfast or as a side. Good Luck with the giveaway!
- 1 cucumber, cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup greek style yogurt
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon black salt
- 1/3 teaspoon roasted red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon roasted coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Saffron Road's Falafel Crunchy Chickpeas
- Sprig of mint, chopped
- Pine nuts, for garnish
- Mix the yogurt, sugar, lemon juice and spices together. Add the chopped mint.
- Check spice and seasoning and adjust per taste.
- Place the cucumber cubes in two serving bowls.
- Spoon in yogurt over cucumber. Sprinkle generous amount of Saffron Road's Falafel Crunchy Chickpeas on top before serving.
i. Try a variation with cilantro and the Bombay crunchy chickpea. ii. Try adding other steamed vegetables and legumes to the parfait. [addtoany]
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/2014/07/08/20986-autosave/