|Easy Weeknight Moroccan Chicken |
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Moroccan meals are not something that would typically be on our busy weeknight meal rotation. Weeknight meals most often consist of simple things like quesadillas, spaghetti with pesto, Trader Joe’s heat up food as much as I hate to admit that, and other 20-minute meals. Moroccan meals, like tagines, are often slow cooked to perfection so all the juices from the food and spices mix. You can’t make them in 20 minutes, that is until I discovered Saffron Road sauces.
- 1 package of Saffron Road Harissa Simmer Sauce
- 1 cup of green beans
- 1/2 cup of black olives
- 1 pound of chicken
- 1 sliver of preserved Moroccan lemon chopped up
- Olive oil
- Heat olive oil and brown the chicken on both sides but do not cook through.
- Chop the green beans, also cutting off the ends. Add in the green beans to the chicken.
- Immediately add the Saffron Road Harissa Simmer Sauce , together with the preserved Moroccan lemon. Coat the chicken and green beans, turning over to make sure all sides are covered.
- Add in the olives.
- Cover and simmer on medium-low for about 20 minutes.
- You can make the accompanying rice or couscous in this time.
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/2014/09/10/21303-autosave/