Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
A perfect finger food for iftar, a picnic, and even kids lunches. Makes 10-12 croquettes.
- 1 box Saffron Road Chicken Nuggets
- 5 medium potatoes boiled
- 1/4 cup marble jack cheese
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. melted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten with 2 tsp water
- 1 cup Saffron Road Chipotle or Korean BBQ Crunchy Chickpeas (whiz it through a mini chopper or blender)
- a bit of oil to pan fry
- Prepare Saffron Road's Chicken Nuggets per cooking instructions and allow to cool and then chop in small cubes.
- Boil 5 medium sized potatoes. Peel and mash in bowl with melted butter a milk. Mash to the point where it's creamy. When this mixture cools add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped nuggets to potatoes along with marble jack cheese. (optional - you can add chopped onions, shredded carrots or even chopped bell pepper or any chopped vegetable of choice).
- Give this all a good mix and then start molding your croquettes into the size of the palm of your hands.
- Put in the fridge for approx half an hour to 45 minutes.
- In one bowl put your beaten egg and in the other put your chickpea. Now dip your croquettes in the egg and then roll into the Crunchy Chickpea coating and set aside in a plate.
- When they are all done, shallow fry the croquettes on medium heat and turn every few minutes to make sure all sides are brown. This will take approx 15 minutes. Place on paper towels to get rid of excess oil.
- Serve with chutney of choice and enjoy!
Recipe by Saffron Road Food at http://www.saffronroadfood.com/2014/09/10/21303-autosave/